Our client, a premier global automotive supplier are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Process Technician. As Process Technician you will be responsible for maintaining die casting processes through experience & perseverance, driving continuous improvement initiatives within the area whilst displaying a clear understanding of the relationship die casting has with the adjoining processes.
This position will be working 6am-2pm / 2pm-10pm / 10pm-6am rotating on a weekly basis and commands a competitive salary and benefits package for the right candidate.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Support the Die Change Team in establishing & stabilising the process during and after tooling changes, this will involve robot set-ups, HPDC/Thermo control/Vacuum control programme management
- Support the Production team on Die Casting process related challenges and follow the escalation processes as and when necessary.
- Basic casting defect diagnosis - demonstrate the ability to identify & correct contributing factors to defects
- Daily dialogue with the Production Team to ensure the Die Casting processes meet the delivery objectives.
- Maintaining process documentation to a certifiable level – daily process audits, process settings sheets, standard work instructions
- Develop and implement process improvement strategies through OEE improvements Cost Avoidance projects & scrap reduction activities.
- Investigate, troubleshoot & resolve – root cause analysis
- Offer guidance to others in the business through effective communication, leadership, coaching and mentoring.
- Playing a supporting role in the implementation of new Die Casting products/technologies through design input, launches/burst builds/tool trials
To be successful in the role of Process Technician you will possess the following qualities:
- Basic casting defect diagnosis
- Experience in Microsoft Packages
- Effective communication and relationship building skills
- Understanding & implementation of DCM parameter management
- Basic knowledge of HPDC die design
- Process change management experience
- Leadership skills mentor and coach team members
- Familiarity with the contributing factors of OEE
- Auditing of processes
- Root cause analysis – demonstrated analytical approach to problem solving
This position is based in Telford and is easily commutable from Birmingham, Shrewsbury, Cannock, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Wrexham, Bridgnorth, Stafford, Rugeley and Stoke on Trent.
If you are an experienced Process Technician, looking for a new exciting and varied opportunity, then please apply immediately.