The client are a manufacturer and supplier of components, products and systems to various industry sectors. They despatch to a global customer base and, due to continued confidence in the sectors they supply into, are seeking to recruit a Purchasing Administrator to their team.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager you will carry out administrative duties within the team.
Responsibilities / Job duties are as follows;
- Creation of purchase orders on company MRP system
- Expedition of purchase orders
- Resolve any invoicing queries
- Develop and build strong relationships with suppliers
- Liaise with other departments such as planning, quality and design to meet departmental needs
- Investigate new sources of supply
- Carry out data analysis on supplier performance levels
As an administration assistant you will need to hold the following skills and experience.
- Have previous purchasing experience
- Have a strong attention to detail and ability to assess and analyse information
- Strong administration experience, computer literate and good Office skills (Word, Outlook etc)
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Confident telephone manner
- Able to prioritise workloads
- Able to identify "cost down" opportunities
- Experience of SAP would be advantageous but not essential as training would be provided
- Have a pleasant and professional manner
The client is based in Redditch so would be easily commutable from Birmingham, Bromsgrove, Worcester, Solihull, Droitwich, Alcester.
Competitive holidays, pension, life insurance, medical plan, parking, friendly and supportive team/culture.
The role is Days. 7.30am to 4.30pm Monday to Thursday. Friday 7.30am to 1.30pm.
Please apply now to be considered for this position...
This role is being advertised by Swift Placements who operate as a recruitment agency.