Quality Engineer is required to join a leading second tier automotive manufacturer. As Quality Engineer you will ultimately be responsible for ensuring compliance to customer specific requirements. Salary circa £35,000 per annum.
Reporting directly to the Quality Manager, you will primarily focus on raising PPAP’s and managing customer APQP process. Key responsibilities within this role will include:
- Raise PPAP’s for all new or modified jobs within allocated accounts.
- Ensure compliance to Customer Specific Requirements.
- Participate in Initial and Full Team Feasibility Studies.
- Manage Customer APQP Process.
- Manage Gauge concept through to manufacture and buy off.
- Support tooling/Gauge buy offs at Toolmaker (including foreign travel)
- Lead Problem Solving activities & compile Corrective Action Reports whilst under project control.
- Ensuring manufacturing control at point of manufacture
- Carry out Courtesy visits to customer location/customer liaison.
To be successful in the role of Quality Engineer, you may have previously worked as a PPAP Engineer, QC Engineer or Quality Champion and you will possess the following qualities:
- Proven track record of working within an automotive manufacturing environment within a similar role
- Must have strong knowledge and understanding of FMEA's, Control Plans, Process flows and SOP's etc
- Able to conduct feasibility studies and compile corrective action reports
This position is based near Redditch and is easily commutable from Alcester, Studley, Evesham, Bromsgrove, Droitwich, Kidderminster, Worcester, Birmingham and Warwick.
If you are an experienced Quality Engineer, looking for a new opportunity please apply immediately.