Our client design and manufacture precision forged, and machined components and are currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Buyer to join their team. As a Senior Buyer you will responsible for sub-contract supply chain, ensuring internal and external lead times are adhered to, whilst also supporting in the procurement of services/good for multiple areas within the business. You will also be responsible for supplier audits to ensure the supply chain maintains the quality and capacity to meet company needs.
Hours of work will be 07:30 – 16:30 (Mon – Thurs) and 07:30 – 12:30 (Friday). Salary circa £35,000 - £40,000 per annum dependent upon experience plus competitive benefits package.
Reporting directly to the Procurement Director, your key responsibilities will include:
- Year on Year cost reductions of 5%
- Develop and maintain responsible suppliers for those commodities assigned.
- Supports the implementation of commodity strategies at plant.
- Complete regular audits within the supply chain.
- Know the key personnel at each major supplier, understand the supplier production processes and internal systems.
- Establish the companies position with these suppliers so that the company enjoys a preferred position if supply problems arise.
- Lead project teams on supplier projects. Monitor, co-ordinate and control supplier contracts with the company, and co-ordinate related purchases in order to achieve purchase consolidation.
- Analyze and evaluate quotations from potential suppliers using bid analysis and TCO. Aggressively seek and recommend cost saving possibilities.
- Co-ordinate, conduct and participate in discussions between suppliers and/or supplier representatives concerning subjects other than normal price, delivery, or quantity negotiations (e.g. SQA, value analysis or engineering, new methods, techniques, processing, etc.).
- Lean and/or participate in improvement groups relating to supplier improvement, Kanban and other supply chain activities using six sigma techniques.
To be successful in the role of Senior Buyer, you will possess the following key skills and experience:
- A proven track record of identifying and implementing major savings.
- Relevant purchasing experience within a fast-moving aerospace/automotive organization (Ideally CIPS qualified).
- Strong proven background in supplier negotiations and knowledgeable in the application and use of negotiating techniques and principles.
- People management, development and training experience is of paramount importance
- Understand aerospace quality standards.
- Must possess knowledge of Finance, Material Requirement Planning, Inventory control techniques, value analysis, production processes and computer operations.
This position is based near Redditch and is easily commutable from Droitwich, Bromsgrove, Alcester, Studley, South Birmingham, Solihull, Worcester, Kidderminster, and Stourbridge.
If you are an experienced Senior Buyer looking for a new exciting and varied opportunity, then please apply immediately.