Our client, a premier global automotive supplier are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Senior CNC Setter. As Senior CNC Setter you will report directly to the Process Engineering Manager and be responsible for proving new programs, commissioning new fixtures and cutting tools as well as the training and development of setters / operators across the shift.
This position will be working 08.30 – 17.00 (Monday to Thursday) and 08.30 – 14.00 (Fridays) however, flexibility will be required at times. This opportunity commands a competitive salary and benefits package for the right candidate.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Support production on a daily basis
- Competent in running CNC’s and all aspects of the machine performance, fault finding and diagnostics
- Maintain hydraulic fixture operation, clamping repeatability and machining position to casting
- Change tools, track tool life, investigate tool breakages, maintain tool stocks, tooling orders and deal with tooling suppliers
- Monitor part quality, adjust offsets and improve process capability
- Develop and maintain process documentation as well as assist in the generation of SWI’s
- Set procedures and standards
- Drive TPM and 5S
- Train, mentor and guide others on how to operate equipment safely and correctly
- Other related duties as determined by the Process Engineering Manager or Process Engineers
To be successful in the role of Senior CNC Setter you will possess the following qualities:
- Apprentice served or formal college certification (or equivalent)
- Proven CNC machine setting in a JIT production environment
- 5 axis high speed machining of aluminium castings
- Demonstrate suitable problem-solving techniques
- Programming G&M codes, preferably Siemens controllers
- Strong understanding of tooling & fixture design principles
- Delivery of training
- Experience within castings sector would be highly advantageous
This position is based in Telford and is easily commutable from Birmingham, Shrewsbury, Cannock, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Wrexham, Bridgnorth, Stafford, Rugeley and Stoke on Trent.
If you are an experienced Senior CNC Setter, looking for a new exciting and varied opportunity, then please apply immediately.