Our client and design manufacture precision forged, and machined components are currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Metallurgist to join and expand the team.
The Senior Metallurgist will be accountable for the flow down of internal and external material and material process related requirements and will contribute to Methods of Manufacture for products processed at the company with respect to metallurgical and other designated “special process” aspects.
Hours of work will be 07:30 – 16:30 (Mon – Thurs) and 07:30 – 12:20 (Friday). Salary up to £45,000 per annum dependent upon experience plus competitive benefits package.
Reporting directly to the Laboratory Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Manage areas of the laboratory team (Circa 20 heads and operating budget of £500k)
- Update and control of the Laboratory Manual and Laboratory Instructions aligned to respective areas of delegated responsibility.
- Promote improvements to existing laboratory processes and facilities.
- To uphold the responsibilities of and ensure conformance by all Metallurgists and Technicians to all specifications, manuals, procedures, and instructions related to the Laboratory Function.
- Control of test non-conformances and carrying out investigations into test failures.
- Provide technical input to forging design and heat treatment of New and Repeat Product Introductions.
- To act as a source of advice and training for technicians, junior members of the laboratory and engineering in order to grow and develop technical talents.
- Liaison with customers on technical and production matters
- Assist with specification review and implementation in the laboratory and the wider business
- Support laboratory and site audit schedule
To be successful in the role of Senior Metallurgist, you may have also previously worked as a Materials Engineer or Materials Manager and you will possess the following skills and experience:
- A degree (Or equivalent) in materials science or metallurgy.
- Knowledge of steel, titanium and/or aluminium alloy forging/heat treatment.
- Knowledge of aerospace manufacturing and the associated quality requirements
- Hardness, conductivity and/or NDT experience.
- Chemical processing for aerospace applications knowledge or experience.
- Experience using metal forming/forging simulation software (e.g. QForm).
- Knowledge of tooling material selection for forging applications
This position is based near Redditch and is easily commutable from Droitwich, Bromsgrove, Alcester, Studley, South Birmingham, Solihull, Worcester, Kidderminster and Stourport.
If you are an experienced Senior Metallurgist, looking for a new exciting and varied opportunity, then please apply immediately.