The company manufacture sheet metal process machinery and supply throughout the world. As a business they are enjoying significant success and growth. Due to this growth they are seeking to recruit a Service Engineer for their UK Technical Support Operations in Coventry.
The main purpose of the role will be to install, repair, upgrade and service of sheet metal process machinery
The duties and responsibilities for the role will be;
- Installation, repair, routine servicing, diagnostics and upgrades on sheet metal process and laser machinery
- Working on Electrical, Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems
- Technical field support across the UK and occasionally overseas
- Working on machinery such as punches, lasers, press brakes, panel bend machinery etc
- Liaise and communicate with clients to ensure that they receive first class service at all times.
If you hold the following skills and experience then I would be interested in receiving your application for the vacancy;
- Previous experience of a field service engineer or a maintenance engineer
- Experience in fault finding on electrical systems, PLC's as well as hydraulic and pneumatics systems
- Electrical and mechanical working knowledge
- Knowledge of punch or press, sheet metal or laser cutting machinery would be advantageous
- Computer literate and conversant with Microsoft Word & Excel
- Hold an engineering qualification such as ONC/NVQ or HNC (advantageous)
- Able to work away throughout the UK and overnight
- A valid driving license
The company is based in Coventry so would be commutable from Birmingham, Solihull, Leamington Spa, Rugby, Stratford upon Avon, Worcester, Northampton, Banbury, Tamworth, Redditch.
The role is field based throughout the UK and occasionally overseas - hours worked are on a door to door basis.
The company offer competitive holidays, pension, overtime at a premium rate, company vehicle, laptop, phone, bonus for overnight stays
The role is a days based role with flexibility in hours
This vacancy is advertised by Swift Placements who are a recruitment agent.