We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Service Technician to join a highly successful, family owned firm who have 18 locations across the UK supplying a wide range of machinery, DIY products, Clothing, Garden Sundries and Footwear.
Salary £25,000 - £35,000 dependent upon experience + Company Car
As a Service Technician you will be working as part of a team, reporting to the Service Manager. Repairing and maintaining all equipment associates with Agricultural and Construction (but not limited to). Your key responsibilities within this role will include:
- Repair and maintenance of equipment for customers associated with agricultural and/or construction machinery (but not limited to)
- Diagnose faults and successfully carry out repairs which may be chargeable, warrantable or internal type jobs
- Lifting of heavy machinery, applying common sense to items that require the assistance of special tools
- Liaise with customers and suppliers as required
- Complete in full the job cards relating to work undertaken including machine detail, time and mileage and any accompanying documentation such as PDI sheets, Delivery forms and Photo's as necessary
- Attend training courses as required by the company to maintain satisfactory levels of compliance and understanding
- Maintain a clean, tidy and safe work area within the workshop as well as a tidy company vehicle if provided to carry out your role
To be successful in the role of a Service Technician you will have previously worked as a Service Technician, Maintenance Engineer, Service Engineer, HGV Technician or Repair/Refurb Engineer and possess the following qualities:
- Proven experience within the Agricultural or Construction industry would be advantageous
- Good knowledge of Agricultural or machinery or transferable skills
- Able to work under pressure and to customer demands, including long hours when required
- Has the ability to work alone using your own initiative and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and customer service skills as this is a customer facing role
- Competent in the use of computers
- Maintain a good general level of health and fitness
- Full clean driver’s licence
This position is based in Kent and is easily commutable from Gravesend, Dartford, Snodland, Maidstone, Sittingbourne, Tunbridge Wells, Woldingham, Wilmington, Mottingham and Bromley.
If you are an experienced Service Technician, looking for a new permanent position please apply immediately.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Swift, who are operating as an employment business.