Our client, a premier global automotive supplier are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Shift Supervisor. As Shift Supervisor you will report directly into the Business Unit Manager and be responsible for the supervision of production on site within a die cast environment.
This position will be working from 6am-2pm / 2pm-10pm rotating on a weekly basis and commands a competitive salary for the right candidate.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure all production processes conform to current quality standards
- Manufacture quality parts in time to satisfy customer demand
- Improve production processes and lead improvement teams
- Lead root cause analysis of non-conforming production and implement corrective actions
- Daily organisation of Production Operators
- Complete performance reviews and 1:1’s to improve team performance and flexibility
- Drive OEE to achieve expected targets
- Drive performance in line with SQDCM KPI’s
To be successful in the role of Shift Supervisor, you may have previously worked as a Team Leader, Chargehand, Manager or Department Head and you will possess the following qualities:
- Proven production supervision experience (Background from within the Castings sector would be highly advantageous)
- Experience with automation cells
- Experience of problem solving (8D)
- Use of 5S to improve production environment
- OEE improvement techniques
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft (Word, Excel etc)
- Use of KPI’s to achieve targets
- Proven experience of managing budgets
- Flexibility to travel overseas infrequently
This position is based in Telford and is easily commutable from Birmingham, Shrewsbury, Cannock, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Wrexham, Bridgnorth, Stafford, Rugeley and Stoke on Trent.
If you are an experienced Shift Supervisor, looking for a new exciting and varied opportunity, then please apply immediately.