Our client are a leading, family run business with many successful years’ experience in their industry and they currently have a great opportunity for an experienced Stores Person to develop their career with the Product Support Team. The business are offering a career development role that will build upon your existing knowledge of assisting in the running of a busy stores and logistics department.
Salary circa £10.50 - £11.50 per hour + Overtime and Bonus. Hours of work will be 7.30am – 4.30pm (Mondays) and 6.30am – 3.30pm (Tuesday to Friday) + Saturday morning rota.
As Stores Person, your key responsibilities will include:
- Receiving parts, tools and materials from customers and suppliers
- Picking and issuing parts to the workshops and field technicians as specified by the job card, in a timely manner to meet service and repair schedules
- Goods inwards documentation checking, goods checking and acceptance of deliveries to stock
- Ensure all received stock is undamaged and that documented items are present and ready for sale
- Ensuring all returned parts are checked and placed correctly in the stores
- Delivery and collection of products and material as required using company transport
To be successful in the role of Stores Person, you will possess the following qualities:
- Good team worker
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels of the business
- Logical reasoning, with a can-do attitude
- Knowledge of agricultural and turf equipment and the industries the company serve (Farming and Commercial/Domestic Turf machinery)
- Ability to use standard computer applications and internet functions
This position is based near Newton Abbot and is easily commutable from Chudleigh, Humber, Teignmouth, Exeter, Torquay and Plymouth.
If you are a Stores Person looking for a varied and challenging role, that has built-in career progression, then please apply immediately.