We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Supply Chain Planner to join a highly successful and leading manufacturer based in Birmingham.
As Supply Chain Planner you will ultimately be responsible for all activities to ensure supply, demand, inventory and capacity plans are optimised and performed. This role involves significant collaboration with multiple departments, while leading projects and meetings to drive plans to maximise OTD goals.
Highly competitive salary and benefits package.
Reporting directly to the Materials Manager, your key responsibilities within this role will include:
- Manage completeness and accuracy of the detail Item Master to ensure proper scheduling and identification of assigned parts/product groups, lot sizes, order policy codes, delivery schedules, and MOQs to allow Global Purchasing to negotiate supplier contracts.
- Administer application of system part parameters to facilitate effective scheduling, production, and delivery of requirements to customers or other organisation facilities.
- Oversee planning of material flow to support the SIOP plan, customer orders, and inventory budget.
- Coordinate departmental activity to ensure alignment and synchronisation of operational goals.
- Collaborate with financial departments to ensure item costs are updated and maintained.
- Monitor POs and MOs messages including but not limited to; release, reschedules, cancellations.
- Update promise dates on POs and MOs to drive visibility throughout systems.
- Collaborate with Suppliers through Portal to ensure visibility and priorities.
- Monitor price changes and escalate as required.
- Drive part delivery and coordination to achieve POs on-time and MO releases on-time.
- Includes Secondary POs will be decreasing as purchase complete grow
- Oversee MRB and RTS processes for assigned parts
- Review plans and future capacity constraints with cell leaders/plant managers
- Initiate resolution of imbalances in capacity through specific, detailed recommendations to:
- Authorize and release work orders for manufacturing in assigned cells
- Collaborate with manufacturing engineers to adjust routings or cell parameters
- Recommend capacity adjustments and future demand fluctuations
- Reschedule/adjust work orders as required
- Collaborate with other Supply Chain Planners to optimize supply plans to achieve OTD goals
- Review Demand Plans to ensure the support of SIOP and Inventory planning
- Monitor Inventory to reduce obsolescence and excess
- Update expected due dates on critical shortages of MOs and POs through contact with appropriate purchasing, planning, and production departments.
- Utilise Lean DNA to report on identified metrics and proactively address future constraints
- Produce additional reports and analysis when required
- Accountable for initiating and documenting root cause analysis and corrective action when any of these measurements begins to drop or is unacceptably low.
- Contribute to strategy outlined by Global Supply Chain supporting process improvement initiatives and corporate commodity strategies to achieve synergy across the operation
- Work closely with Supplier Quality engineers to assure quality issues are addressed immediately
To be successful in the role of Supply Chain Planner you will possess the following qualities:
- Degree in supply chain, materials management, purchasing, engineering or related field desired or qualified by experience
- Significant demonstratable experience in the area of supply chain
- Working knowledge of planning processes with experience in MRP/ERP systems/techniques.
- Previous experience of working in a manufacturing company, with at least £100m in annual revenue and at least £50m in material spend
- Demonstrable Supply, Demand, Capacity, Inventory planning experience
- Experience in utilising financial and data-driven techniques to make decision
- Knowledge and participation in LEAN activities, including participation in Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping (VSM) and other continuous improvement activities
- Experience of working in a high pressured, fast moving environment
- Able to present complex ideas, anticipate objections, and influence others to adopt a different view and / or approach
This position is based in Birmingham and is easily commutable from Sutton Coldfield, Walsall, West Bromwich, Great Barr, Solihull, Redditch and Bromsgrove.
If you are an experienced Supply Chain Planner, looking for a new opportunity please apply immediately.