Our client design and manufacture precision forged and machined components and are currently recruiting for an experienced Technical Contract Review Engineer to join their team. As Technical Contract Review Engineer you will ultimately play a key role in the correct processing and release of orders into manufacturing site. This is a technically demanding position, requiring a sound understanding of a variety of aerospace specifications.
Hours of work will be 07.30 – 16.30 (Mon – Thurs) and 07.30 – 12.30 (Friday). Salary circa £35,000 per annum dependent upon experience plus competitive benefits package.
As Technical Contract Review Engineer, your key responsibilities will include:
- Perform Technical contract review on received orders to confirm the company comply with customers contractual requirements.
- Generate manufacturing methods for new projects in line with customer technical requirements and internal cost standards.
- Modify existing methods to support Material or process changes
- Generate raw material stock extended descriptions in line with customer technical requirements and internal quality standards.
- Update methods using company management control system (EFACS) in line with change requests from customer or internal Engineering Change Request (ECR).
- Support New Product Introduction process.
- Create Bills of materials for new or changed product and process material stock input changes.
- Support and manage the customer specific approval documents
- Support technical estimation team in creating new estimates
- Raise customer specific change request documents ( FPA, CNF,FCF etc.) for new or existing product requiring changes
- Confirm specification issue control between company and customer documentation.
- Revise EFACS to reflect changes in material, internal or sub contracted operation detail.
- Stamp/endorse documentation as required to reflect any special requirements e.g. Fair stamps, Engineering ,Laboratory attention.
To be successful in the role of Technical Contract Review Engineer, you will possess the following qualities:
- Ability to use Efacs or similar software system to interrogate order related and other information to progress and formulate methods of manufacture, facilitate route card document production.
- Able to use all Microsoft packages i.e. Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook - Knowledge of Aerospace Forge processes and methods
- Sound appreciation of Aerospace material and process related specifications
- Material or manufacturing engineering back ground
- Forging or hot metal forming back ground/appreciation
- Engineering degree/HNC/time served experience
- Understanding of AS9100 and Aerospace prime supplier requirements
- Demonstrable Quality experience.
This position is based near Redditch and is easily commutable from Droitwich, Bromsgrove, Alcester, Studley, South Birmingham, Solihull, Worcester, Kidderminster and Stourbridge.
If you are an experienced Technical Contract Review Engineer, looking for a new exciting and varied opportunity, then please apply immediately.