Our client, a premier global automotive supplier are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Toolmaker. As Toolmaker you will report directly into the Toolroom Manager and be responsible for the maintenance of the tooling along with supporting the Toolroom Supervisor in the smooth running of the Toolroom. You will have a wide and varied role from attending unplanned breakdowns on tooling equipment to implementing daily preventative maintenance.
This position will be working on a double day shift, 6am-2pm / 2pm-10pm (Monday to Friday) rotating weekly and commands a competitive salary for the right candidate.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and maintenance of existing tooling according to requirements.
- Effectively identify day to day tooling issues and implement corrective action where required.
- Cleaning of all production tooling to ensure on time delivery and schedule adherence goals are met.
- Ensure all tooling is safe and production ready at the time returned for production use, following correct preventative maintenance (PM) process.
- Support coordination of engineering changes and support maintenance of spare parts.
- Prepare and test tools by laying out / setting up / machining.
- May design / make tools / templates to produce prototype parts of various materials including generating bill of material and complete fabrication and validation.
- Verify conformance of machined and/or repaired tools to specifications by checking dimensions / clearances / alignments.
- May make parts of various plant machines and tools as required.
- Fit and assemble parts and test completed tools for proper operation.
- Set up and carefully monitor tools and perform inspections prior to removing tooling from the machine.
- Follow up repair work by seeking feedback from the production and quality departments and completing a record of the work undertaken.
To be successful in the role of Toolmaker, you may have previously worked as a Tooling Technician, Tooling Engineer or Toolroom Maintenance Technician and you will possess the following qualities:
- Time served apprentice in relevant discipline.
- Excellent hand tool skills. (hand tools will be supplied)
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
- Experience in working with Toolroom equipment including overhead cranes.
- Experience in Inspection equipment. (micrometer, height indicator, etc.),
- Experienced in using milling machine, lathe, surface grinder, bench grinder, rockiniser etc.
- Ability to follow and execute the preventative maintenance program.
- Strong communication skills at all levels within the business.
- Able to manage and prioritise numerous tasks.
- Experience in manufacturing environment.
It would be highly advantageous, however not essential, if you also have the following skillset / knowledge:
- Vacuum die-set servicing and maintenance, preferably aluminium.
- Die casting experience.
- Repairing support tooling in casting shop. (Trim tools, spray heads, straightening tools etc.)
This position is based in Telford and is easily commutable from Birmingham, Shrewsbury, Cannock, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Wrexham, Bridgnorth, Stafford, Rugeley and Stoke on Trent.
If you are an experienced Toolmaker, looking for a new exciting and varied opportunity, then please apply immediately.