Our client design and manufacture precision forged and machined components and are currently recruiting for an experienced Toolroom Supervisor to join their team. As Toolroom Supervisor you will ultimately be responsible for the coaching and mentoring of all reports, creating an environment of genuine employee empowerment in order to achieve “World Class” standards.
Hours of work will be 07.30 – 16.30 (Mon – Thurs) and 07.30 – 12.30 (Friday). Salary circa £30,000 per annum dependent upon experience plus competitive benefits package.
Reporting directly to the VP – Site Services, your key responsibilities will include:
- Lead the team in setting work standards / processes
- Facilitate team measurement of performance
- Assist and facilitate training to develop team members
- Manage and resolve Industrial Relations issues at a local level.
- Manage local team budgetary spend including controlling budgetary spend across Toolroom
- Manage and control production resources
- Support continuous improvement activities
- Work closely with cells to ensure dies are kept/returned/logged correctly
- Control dies sent out to sub-contractors.
- Liaise with maintenance on breakdowns
- Monitor and support Die maintenance programme
- Assist planner with daily capacity and forward capacity
- Arrange service agreements and PM schedules
- Work with engineering and design to reduce program times on all machines without affecting quality.
- Control holidays and personnel issues
- To manage a team consisting of Team Leaders and shopfloor employees to support the Department Head in meeting and exceeding the areas targets in terms of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Costs and People (SQDCP).
To be successful in the role of Toolroom Supervisor, you may have previously worked as a Toolroom Manager, Toolroom Team Leader, Toolroom Chargehand or Senior Toolmaker and you will possess the following qualities:
- Knowledge of CNC machines.
- Knowledge of toolroom operations (grinding, milling, turning)
- Knowledge of dies and tooling
- Management / leadership experience
- Health & safety awareness
- Planning and Project Management
- Problem solving
- Lean tool deployment
- Strategy deployment
- IT skills
- Performance Management to SMART objectives
This position is based near Redditch and is easily commutable from Droitwich, Bromsgrove, Alcester, Studley, South Birmingham, Solihull, Worcester, Kidderminster and Stourbridge.
If you are an experienced Toolroom Supervisor, looking for a new exciting and varied opportunity, then please apply immediately.