The UK’s leading transport and warehousing organisation are currently seeking to appoint an experienced Traffic Planner.
As a Traffic Planner you will need to have:
- CPC Holder (National / International).
- Proven experience of traffic management.
- Ability to deal with VOSA Compliance.
- Good geographical knowledge.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels on an internal and external basis.
- Capable of working autonomously with good time management skills and the ability to prioritise work to meet tight deadlines.
- Salary: Circa. £26,000
- Working Hours Shift Pattern 4 on / 4 off Days (6am – 6pm)
- Location: Worcestershire
- Duration: Permanent
Role of a Traffic Planner
- Reporting directly to the Depot Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Working with customers, suppliers, drivers and other traffic desks to plan routes and schedule delivery times, ensuring the smooth running of the operation.
- Route planning driver brief and de-brief.
- Proactively work to reduce late deliveries and missed time slots.
- Maintain computerised system (Stirling) as well as undertaking tasks using Excel spreadsheets.
- Booking driver agency staff depending on workload.
- Monitoring compliance and work with drivers and Compliance in order to eliminate infringements.
- Ensuring that all drivers are aware of SAFED and be actively involved in improving SAFED achievements to goals.
- Provision of general support appropriate to the management as required.
Benefits of working with us as a Traffic Planner
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Pension Scheme
- 20 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
If you are interested in the above role, please click apply