Swift Placements have a new and exciting opportunity to join one our Client’s businesses as a Warehouse Manager, Working with an independent, family-owned business supplying to the Wholesale, Food Service, and Fast-Food sectors across the UK.
Operating as a national wholesale and foodservice distribution business, Our client have a custom-built distribution premise with an integrated cold store and chiller and offer a wide range of products.
About the role:
Our Client are looking to recruit a Warehouse Manager within our operations division. This role is required to work Monday – Friday, with flexible working hours between 7am and 6pm, based at within Skelmersdale.
This is a dynamic and fast paced role working closely with Managers across the business to create a fully functional Operations Team. The Warehouse Manager will be responsible for liaising with shift supervisors across a 24 hour operation, ensuring health and safety is maintained to a high standard, maintaining food safety standards and will report directly to the Managing Director.
The job role includes:
- Overseeing all Warehouse and Distribution activities on a day-to-day basis
- Overseeing the effective management, the warehouse functions including Goods in, Goods out and Stock Control
- Overseeing stock-taking, inventory-control and related investigation as required
- Proactively engaging with colleagues across the business, particularly Supply Chain and Sales teams, to maximise Warehouse storage capacity efficiently in line with forecast and seasonal fluctuations
- Ensuring Quality Control processes are robustly implemented to ensure all stock is received, stored, and delivered in optimum condition
- System accuracy to always ensure high levels of inventory accuracy and purity across Warehouse function and outside storage
- Recruit, select, orient, coach employees
- Motivate and supervise Shift Supervisors
- Identify, drive and implement improvement in your department
- Drive efficient use of resources (people, tools, item placement) through development and maintenance of KPI’s
- Maintaining a good physical condition of the warehouse environment by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement
- Maintaining a high level of health and safety and food safety in your department
- Taking responsibility for the operating procedures and disciplines within the warehouse, ensuring full compliance and undertaking the planning and deployment of labour resources to meet the volume of despatch, picking and goods-in requirement
- Control the use of site keys e.g. opening and closing
- Proven experience working in a Warehouse environment at management level across an inbound and outbound multi-shift Operation
- Have Health and Safety awareness ideally NEBOSH/IOSH trained (desired)
- Have good time management skills with the ability to set priorities, fulfil critical tasks in time and keep to deadlines
- Have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to collaborate with managers across the business
- Good multi-tasking abilities
- Have a hands on approach in all duties
- High level of numeracy, literacy and IT skills (SAP knowledge desired)
- Problem-solving skills and an ability to work at a strategic level under pressure
- Staff management, leading, motivating, training and developing staff
- Strong team player
- Proven track record to contribute to the improvement of systems to achieve efficiency savings
- Have the ability to work nights, if required.