We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Welder / Fabricator to join a highly successful, family owned firm who have 19 locations across the UK supplying a wide range of machinery, DIY products, Clothing, Garden Sundries and Footwear.
Salary £Competitive dependent upon experience
As a Welder / Fabricator you will be working as part of a team, reporting to the Service Manager. You will be responsible for fabrication and welding (MIG) of bespoke lorry loader cranes. Your key responsibilities within this role will include:
- (MIG) Welding and Fabrication
- Read and work with complex engineering drawings and specifications with minimum supervision
- May be required to assist repairing hydraulic and electrical faults with the service team
To be successful in the role of a Welder / Fabricator you will have previously worked as a Welder, MIG Welder or Fabricator and possess the following qualities:
- Vertical coded qualification in MIG is essential
- Experience working in a manual manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of different metals, their reactions and abilities
- Knowledge of appropriate welding processes
- It is essential that you can read and work with complex engineering drawings and specifications with minimum supervision
- The ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Able to work under pressure and to customer demands, including long hours and weekend cover (Rota based)
- Maintain a good general level of health and fitness
- Full clean driver’s license
- Be self-motivated
This position is based in Essex and easily commutable from Clacton-on-sea, West Mersea, Harwich, Ipswich, Sudbury, Colchester, Braintree, Halstead, Hadleigh, Glemsford, Chelmsford and Maldon.
If you are an experienced Welder / Fabricator, looking for a new permanent position please apply immediately.